By Kate Van Daele
The Duluth Fire Department responded to a call of an ammonia leak at the Duluth Curling Club just before 7 p.m. today. Once crews were on scene, they confirmed that ammonia was in space and began evacuating. Fire crews then initiated a callback, which calls in additional crews to respond to the scene to provide support.
Crews have evacuated the Duluth Curling Club, Pioneer Hall and most other areas of the Duluth Entertainment Convention Center. The only areas that remain open are Amsoil Arena and Marcus Theaters.
Hazmat crews are on scene evaluating the origin of the leak and investigating.
Harbor Drive is in the process of being shut down.
This is an active scene and is under investigation. No additional information is available at this time.